It’s not marketing hyperbole. It’s accurate to say that Almo Pro A/V E4 AV Tour at The Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, October 25 and 26, will be the biggest E4 to date. Here’s everything you need to know.
Almo Pro A/V's Melody Craigmyle explains why the Almo Pro A/V E4 AV Tour stop in Nashville, Oct. 25 and 26, is the biggest E4 event that the distributor has put on so far.
Companies do like to over-hype their new products or events with hyperbolic terms like “game-changing” and “biggest ever,” but that’s not what Almo Professional A/V is doing in promoting the Almo Pro A/V E4 AV Tour stop in Nashville, October 25 and 26 – its last 2018 E4 event.
Register here for what will literally be the biggest Almo Pro A/V E4 event for a few reasons.
“We’re hoping that people will come from all over the country and they can even bring their families and stay for the weekend because we’ve secured the group rate at the Opry Land Hotel for the entire weekend,” Craigmyle says.
Normally, the E4 is presented as a one-day event packed with educational sessions, AVIXA CTS renewal unit (RU) opportunities and a show floor filled with Almo vendor partners and their latest products and solutions.
Almo Pro A/V E4 AV Tour event in Nashville will be a multi-day event, explains Melody Craigmyle, vice president of marketing and communications, Almo Corporation.
It all starts with a certification day on Thursday.
That’s followed by a backstage tour of the Gaylord Hotel as it prepares for its Christmas which is packed with lighting and AV effects. Then there’s a party at the historic Studio A at the Grand Old Opry, Craigmyle says in a CI video interview.
“And the next day we’re going to have a full expanded E4 with more products, more showcases and a full lineup of classes from some of the best instructors in the country.”
Almo is clearly looking to leverage the appeal of Nashville. E4 events are usually marketed to a regional audience within a certain radius of the one-day events.
The multi-day Almo Pro A/V E4 AV Tour event in Nashville, however, is being opened up to a wider group that is likely to travel to Nashville. “We consider this to be a destination event,” says Almo Pro A/V executive VP Sam Taylor.
As such, Almo Professional A/V is encouraging attendees to stay and enjoy the city. “We’re hoping that people will come from all over the country and they can even bring their families and stay for the weekend because we’ve secured the group rate at the Opry Land Hotel for the entire weekend,” Craigmyle says.
More on Almo Pro A/V E4 Nashville overview (from Almo press release):
“As we are coming up on our tenth year of hosting the traveling E4 AV Tour, we are ending the 2018 series by showing our appreciation to partners with the largest and most exciting multi-day event yet,” said Melody Craigmyle, vice president of marketing and communications, Almo Corporation.
“The Gaylord Opryland Resort is in a very lively part of Nashville, making an ideal place for partners to bring their families and enjoy the area for the weekend. Additionally, the hotel’s convention center gives our 40+ exhibiting partners a larger space to set up their gear and to bring even more new products. This is going to be an event that resellers and integrators won’t want to miss.”Craigmyle continued, “We’ve assembled the industry’s ‘all-star’ team of experts who are delivering free, quality education for two days straight with three full-day certification programs, 15 AVIXA-certified sessions and two hands-on workshops.”She noted that partners who arrive on the first day can participate in a behind-the-scenes tech tour of the Gaylord’s in-house syncopated light, water and music show and then have dinner at the historic, Studio A. “In addition,” said Craigmyle, “We are happy to announce that USAV Group is co-locating its 2018 Fall Partners Meeting in conjunction with the E4 AV Tour.”
More on Almo Pro A/V E4 Nashville Certification Day (from Almo press release):
On Thursday, October 25, Almo is hosting three different certification sessions, which run from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For complete details on each session, click here:
- CTS Testing Drills.Reviews test taking strategies and drills for AVIXA’s CTS exam. It dives into AV math activities, viewing networking videos, discussing study practices and learning how to analyze multiple choice questions in preparation for the test.
- Barco Certified Specialist for ClickShare.Almo is the only distributor in the US to offer this factory-certified training, which focuses on ClickShare functionality, installation, management and configuration. (3.0 CTS RUs)
- Digital Signage Certified Experts Certification. Designed to quickly bring AV, IT, advertising, out-of-home marketing, and content creation professionals up to speed to prosper in digital signage while allowing participants to master the formulas for successful design, hardware and software selection, deployment, content creation and ROI/ROO for signage rollouts (8.0 CTS RUs)
More on Almo Pro A/V E4 Nashville Tech Tour and Studio A Party (from Almo press release):
Learn how the AV professionals at the Gaylord Opryland Resort bring the magic of live performance to life in a behind-the-scenes tour of the International Waters Fountain Show and Aqua Fountain Show in the beautiful Delta Atrium. Audio visual technicians will share the design and A/V equipment details that bring together the breathtaking union of syncopated lights, water and music.
This will be followed by a dinner at the historic Studio A, which was built as the Grand Ole Opry’s in-house television studio and home to “HEE HAW” in the 1970s and 80s. This state-of-the-art studio continues to host television shows such as “Crook & Chase” and CMT’s “Crossroads” and “Invitation Only.” Live music from some of Nashville’s up and coming artists will round out the evening.
More on Almo Pro A/V E4 Nashville Sessions and Workshops (from Almo press release):
- HDBaseT Certification(1.5 CTS RUs)
- An Unbiased Explanation of AV-over-IP(1.5 CTS RUs)
- Direct View LED Demystified(1.0 CTS RU)
- The Future of Digital Signage in Smart Connected Cities(1.0 CTS RU)
- Designing for User Experience(1.0 CTS RU)
- An Introduction and Comparison of Dante, AVB and CobraNet Methodologies(1.0 CTS RU)
- Power and Grounding Best Practices(1.0 CTS RU)
- Digital Signage Content Strategies for Savvy Integrators(1.0 CTS RU)
- Gary’s Top 10 (+2) New Products from InfoComm 2018(1.0 CTS RU)
- Standards, HDR & Color Space(1.0 CTS RU)
- Workshop: AV over Wi-Fi: Wireless Coordination & Management for Meeting Rooms(1.0 CTS RU)
- Workshop: Creating a Corporate Communications Tool with Easy Ongoing Management(1.0 CTS RU)
- Product Showcase: Shape the Future with Innovative Display Solutions from Samsung
- Product Showcase: Barco UniSee Video Wall System
- Product Showcase: Biamp Unmatched Clarity for Unprecedented Collaboration