With an overall depth of 4 in. (102mm) the FAP42TC is the perfect choice when high fidelity audio and wide, even coverage is required but space above the plenum is limited. For wall mount applications (tanning salons or surround sound) the short 4" depth will even work in most stud wall installations. A simplified input section features a 4-pole Phoenix style connector for easy daisy chaining between speakers. A simple cover including combination 1/2 in. (13mm) / 3/4 in. (19mm) knock-outs is provided for installation ease. The popular Atlas Sound "C-ring / V-Rail" mounting system is provided for quick installation into drop tile acoustic ceilings and existing construction drywall. For new construction drywall applications the optional FAP42-TR may be used. All other popular features of the FAP42T are included on the new FAP42TC including the front mounted tap selector switch (with included transformer bypass for 8 Ohm applications), attractive press-fit grills, high performance 4 in. polypropylene cone driver with 3/4 in. (19mm) PEI tweeter and precision crossover components for smooth, even coverage.
- 4 in. coaxial speaker system
- Enhanced quality 70.7/100V-16W internal transformers
- Shallow mounting depth (4 in.) for limited space applications
- "Press Fit" grilles blend better into contemporary architecture
- Easy installation in drop tile or sheetrock ceilings via C-ring/V-rail tile bridge and "Dog Leg" mounting system (included)
- Internal transformers minimize insertion loss and maintain low frequency responses while providing an increased output for higher SPL applications
- Front mounted tap selector switch for easy system tuning adjustments - includes a transformer bypass setting for an 8 ohm-direct coupled operation