DriveCore Technology seamlessly integrates the amplifier drive stage into the power output stage fusing everything into a chip the size of a dime. The foundational DriveCore circuitry is based on breakthroughs by Crown's own Gerald Stanley with five patents applying to the advanced feedback, modulation and output stage technologies. DriveCore's front-end drive circuits leverage the inherent efficiency of Class D output stages while also maintaining superb sonic characteristics. The end result is an ultra-efficient one-piece audio amplifier circuit that exhibits the exemplary audio quality of a highly evolved Class AB design.
- The latest technology based on Crown's proprietary and patented DriveCore technology, these amplifiers are the next generation of PWM technology using cutting edge Class D amplifier topologies
- True Rack Density – power points of 300W or 600W in 2/4/8 channel configurations and 1250W in 2/4 channel configurations; includes bridgable outputs of 300-2500W, all in a 2U form factor, providing flexibility in designs
- Minimum Guaranteed Power Ratings – DCi amplifiers are guaranteed to deliver at least the rated power in the specifications over a longer period of time than any other competing amplifier
- Direct Drive "Constant Voltage" capabilities on a channel by channel basis for 70Vrms or 100Vrms amplification without the use of a step up frequency limiting transformer for higher audio quality
- Advanced PFC universal power supply provides market-leading efficency, and is designed to deliver maximum power no matter where the amplifier is located; Universal AC input accepts 100 – 240VAC, 50/60Hz (±10%)
- DriveCore includes five patents that are also included in Crown’s flagship touring amplifier I-Tech HD4, providing best-in-class versatility and durability
- Revolutionary cooling system focuses airflow on parts that need it most, maximizing efficiency while minimizing heat and noise