Almo Digital Signage Service Revenue Grows More Than 250 Percent Since Insteo Acquisition; Jim Nista Leads Two Workshops at DSE; Almo Named APEX Award Finalist
Philadelphia, PA — March 25, 2019 — Almo Professional A/V (DSE Booth #DC4), the Pro AV industry’s Favorite Distributor, is showing its newest Digital Signage Services during the Digital Signage Expo (DSE) in Las Vegas, March 27-28. These services are now available as products on Almo’s line card, enabling AV integrators to incorporate them at the outset of every installation.
Listen to an interview about Almo at DSE with Jim Nista, Senior Director of Content Creation Services for Almo Professional A/V. This week at DSE, Nista is leading a session on production software techniques, and one on tools for creating digital signage content. He is also accepting an APEX award on behalf of Almo for a recent custom interactive kiosk installation.
According to Nista, “The primary issue that a lot of AV integrators face today is that they don’t want to touch the digital signage part of the business for their customer, which is dangerous because then that business easily goes elsewhere. It’s critical for integrators to take this more seriously and to own the digital signage part of the integration project from start to finish.”
Nista added that Almo Digital Signage Services revenue has grown more than 250 percent since the acquisition of Insteo, Inc. in 2018. “Almo was the first to offer profit-enhancing digital signage content services and now we have greatly expanded what we can provide beyond just content, such as BrightSign software training, advanced design, programming, content loading and complete setup. We are able to offer Digital Signage Services as line items on our product list so integrators can easily incorporate them into their AV installation at the outset of a project.” He added, “Since both AV integrators and end users attend DSE, we end up becoming matchmakers by connecting them on the many project opportunities we learn about during the course of the show.”
The following Almo Digital Signage Services are now available as products:
- Software Training & Support Services. Almo offers a standard two-hour curriculum of BrightAuthor or BrightSign network software training, as well as customized BrightSign training options that go beyond the basics and cover a range of topics based on integrator needs. Additional services such as client onboarding, media player setup, consulting, enhanced support agreements and ongoing content maintenance are also available through Almo.
- Content Widgets: Easy-to-deploy informational widgets for digital signs including news, weather, custom calendars, waiting lists and tickers.
- Content Templates: Pre-designed templates for lobby directories, digital menus, directional signage, waiting lists, wayfinding, interactive lobby directories, photo directories, interactive donor walls, virtual concierge and more.
- Content Customization: The development of unique content for an installation. Includes advanced design, programming, content loading and setup.
Digital Signage Service Sessions at DSE
Nista is leading the following sessions before and after DSE:
- Tuesday, March 26, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Digital Signage Content & Media Expert Program (DCME). Deep Dive into Production Software and Techniques
- Friday, March 29, 9:15 a.m. Content Workshop: How it’s Made: Tools and Techniques for Creating Digital Signage Content
Jim Nista brings a rich history in content creation to Almo, having worked as a Creative Director for a large range of clients. In 2002, Nista founded a digital marketing agency, which quickly began taking on software development and digital signage projects and evolved into Insteo, Inc., a leading provider of HTML5-based creative content. Nista serves on the Digital Signage Expo (DSE) Content Advisory Board and assisted in the development and presentation of the Digital Signage Content and Media Expert (DCME) certification program. He is a regular on the tradeshow circuit, having presented at DSE, International Sign Association (ISA), SignExpo and InfoComm. As a result of Nista’s creative leadership, Insteo has received 11 gold, silver and bronze DSE Apex awards.
About the 2019 APEX Awards
The 2019 APEX Awards, presented by the Digital Signage Federation, are designed to recognize and honor achievement in the installation of digital displays and interactive technology and the creation of compelling viewer content. This year’s APEX Award finalists were chosen by an independent panel of 15 industry experts and journalists from a field of 112 entrants from 13 countries vying in 12 major digital signage categories.
Almo was selected as a finalist in the “Hospitality Category” for an Apartment Selector for a large condo apartment leasing office for Housing Trust Group. The custom, interactive kiosk is designed for prospective tenants to see a complete virtual tour of the property without ever leaving the sales office.